The post holder will take responsibility for a variety of Jersey and international compliance and risk matters within the CoinShares Group, working closely with senior, experienced compliance professionals, within Jersey, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Unlike typical trust and fund services provider or banking roles, this position allows direct access to the executive management team and board of directors and provides a technical challenge both in respect of the niche market we operate within and the skills required to support the Group’s international activities.
CoinShares is a dynamic company which requires its team members to grow and adapt with the Group, allowing for plenty of room to expand knowledge and progress in your role. The Group is keen to support all employees in their pursuit of professional qualifications and continued learning, with regular training being offered across the Group which focused on the ever-changing digital asset space and the business as a whole.
Please note that this role is open to Entitled or Entitled for Work residential status applicants only.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Heads of Compliance (Jersey and UK), ensuring that the Group’s compliance, risk and other policies and procedures remain up to date and fit for purpose, in light of regulatory, legislative and exchange developments.
- Maintain Compliance Registers (with exception of SAR register).
- Maintain Market Abuse Regulation insider lists.
- With support and training, become responsible for reviewing marketing material.
- Hold the position / discharge the responsibilities of Data Protection Officer for all CoinShares Jersey companies and take responsibility for the renewal of data protection registrations.
- Prepare Operational Management Committee packs, with input from Heads of Compliance and attend the committee meetings.
- Prepare regulatory update and certain other sections of Risk & Compliance Committee packs (and attend the committee meetings) and Board Compliance reports.
- Assist with the collection, monitoring and review of quarterly staff declarations and Continuous Professional Development spreadsheets.
- Review ceasing to act notifications and monitor appointments to ensure JFSC are notified within the requisite timeframes.
- Manage the regulatory aspects of all CoinShares Group companies’ audit process for Compliance.
- Assist the Head of Compliance / MLCO with the JFSC’s risk-based supervision data collection and completion of periodic jurisdictional AML/CFT returns, as required.
- Input into the periodic regulatory risk assessment / compliance monitoring planning process.
- Assist with obtaining CDD on shareholders and maintaining the registers.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and other business contacts.
- Be aware and adhere to contractual and statutory obligations under the Group’s policies, procedures and guidelines, including the Group’s core values and expected behaviours.
- Undertake routine and office clerical tasks where necessary.
Undertaking any other such duties as may be reasonably required by the role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent. A Degree qualification is an advantage.
- Studying towards or have completed a relevant professional qualification (preferably ICA Diploma level or equivalent). Company assistance with study may be available for appropriate qualifications.
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in a financial services role, preferably in either corporate or fund services with experience working on compliance and risk matters.
- A self-starter, with the ability to use initiative and work independently.
- A sound technical knowledge of AML requirements preferred but not essential.
- Strong written communications to prepare documents for the board and discretion to handle sensitive board matters.
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Intermediate IT skills including Microsoft suite and Google suite.
- Flexibility to develop new skills as part of small team and willingness to support other teams during periods of high activity.