The post holder will be part of CoinShares Capital Markets, the execution arm of CoinShares, delivering a host of trading services to clients as well as proprietary trading. The post holder will be part of one of the largest proprietary trading desks in the fastest-growing asset space. CoinShares Capital Markets deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple crypto currencies, including futures and options.
Software Engineers are responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle. The post holder will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems arising in a crypto trading environment alongside traders, engineers, quantitative researchers, and operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prototyping and developing new features and analytics.
- Enhancing and maintaining existing features and codebase.
- Constructing and improving back end software architectures.
- Optimising platform performance and ensuring scalability.
- Developing the next generation platform.
- Translating the requirements from the trading team to the platform and help create new tools to improve business performance.
- Producing well documented code.
- Designing the monitoring systems to detect unexpected failures or behavior.
Undertaking any other such duties as may be reasonably required by the role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent programming skills with OOP eg. Java, Python languages and design patterns essential.
- Knowledge of Linux and Shell environment essential.
- Usage of Git essential.
- Working with REST and WebSocket APIs essential.
- Data manipulation and database experience (SQL) essential.
- Interest in cryptocurrencies, financial markets and quantitative finance essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving focus essential.
- Experience of using workflow, ticket management, wiki and collaboration tools desirable.
- Experience of Agile methods like Scrum desirable.
- Knowledge of finance, derivatives, cryptocurrencies, order management and routing desirable.
- Go, Docker desirable.
- Understanding or experience of algorithmic trading desirable.
- Second European Language desirable.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduate or extensive development experience in financial services essential.