The post holder will be part of CoinShares Capital Markets, the execution arm of CoinShares, delivering a host of trading services to clients as well as proprietary trading. The post holder will be part of one of the largest proprietary trading desks in the fastest-growing asset space. CoinShares Capital Markets deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple crypto currencies, including futures and options.
Software Engineers are responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle. The post holder will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems arising in a crypto trading environment alongside traders, engineers, quantitative researchers, and operations.
We are looking to build out our client facing capabilities to offer an enhanced level of service across our product offering both in terms of coin coverage but also new crypto referencing derivatives.
Providing 24/7 support on a shift or as required basis as part of the wider team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prototyping and developing new features and analytics.
- Enhancing and maintaining existing features and codebase.
- Constructing and improving front end software.
- Optimising platform performance and ensuring scalability.
- Developing the next generation platform.
- Translating the requirements from the trading team to the platform and help create new tools to improve business performance.
- Producing well documented code.
- Designing the monitoring systems to detect unexpected failures or behaviour.
Undertaking any other such duties as may be reasonably required by the role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Excellent programming skills with OOP eg. Java, Python languages and design patterns essential.
- Knowledge of React web development framework and design patterns (MVC, MVP, MVVM) essential.
- Knowledge of Linux and Shell environment essential.
- Usage of Git essential.
- Working with REST and WebSocket APIs essential.
- Data manipulation and database experience (SQL) essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving focus essential.
- Experience of using workflow, ticket management, wiki and collaboration tools desirable.
- Experience of Agile methods like Scrum desirable.
- Interest in finance, derivatives and experience in cryptocurrencies desirable.
- Go, Docker desirable.
- Second European Language desirable.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduate with extensive development experience in financial services essential.