The post holder will be part of one of the largest trading desks in the fastest-growing asset space. CoinShares Capital Markets deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple crypto currencies and markets, including futures and options. Our consumer solutions provide retail investors with state-of-the-art quantitative trading strategies.
The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of the hardware and software architecture and cloud deployments and infrastructure, working with both the institutional and consumer trading arms. The post holder will have an opportunity to solve challenging problems arising in a crypto trading environment alongside traders, engineers, quantitative researchers, and operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create infrastructure that enables software developers to deploy software across cloud and hybrid stacks.
- Configure, deploy and optimize microservices esp. in containerized environments with ability to debug and troubleshoot sophisticated applications at scale.
- Collaborate with developers and operations to ensure high availability with seamless uptime by designing infrastructure resiliency to failures.
- Ensure that systems and services are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
- Design and build constant monitoring and alerting systems with developers and support.
- Build, debug, upgrade CI/CD pipelines. Improve release processes.
- Write well documented code and scripts (python and bash scripts) to automate repetitive tasks.
- Translate requirements from the trading team to the platform and help create new tools to improve business performance.
- Work with developers and support to debug and recover from unexpected failures or behaviour with urgency and perform RCA.
Undertaking any other such duties as may be reasonably required by the role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures is essential.
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documents is essential.
- Experienced with Docker containers management and orchestration such as kubernetes (K8s) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of configuration management frameworks (e.g. Ansible) is desirable.
- Interest in cryptocurrencies, financial markets and quantitative finance is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving focus are essential.
- Experience of using workflow, ticket management, wiki and collaboration tools is desirable.
- Experience of agile methods like Scrum is desirable.
- Knowledge of finance, derivatives, cryptocurrencies, order management and routing is desirable.
- Experience with relational and No-SQL databases is desirable.
- An understanding or experience of algorithmic trading is an advantage.
- Second European Language is desirable.
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduate or extensive development experience in financial services is an advantage.